Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Look

Hey gang!  We had some friends come over for Labor Day, and Hubby Z cooked a delicious feast as usual! Anywho, I got a make-up tut for ya. I wore this look today. Hope you enjoy!


The look


I was inspired by this look I cut out of a magazine:


The make-up

Circular starting from left :
Coastal Scents 88 Palette
Mac Eye Color Palettes (I created the first one at the store)
Mary Kay Liquid Lip Color : Cherry Coffee
Victoria's Secret's Lip Rush: Lotta Colada
Mary Kay Foundation (I use this as a concealer): Bronze
Mac Blush: Coppertone
Mac Pressed Powder: NW35


First, I used the Mary kay Foundation in Bronze as a concealer on a few blemishes, and then I brushed some pressed powder over the concealer
I covered my eyelid with the NYX HD Primer {the verdict is still out on this one, I'll use until I find something better}




 Primer {NYX HD Primer} + the bronze shade all over the eyelid


I lined the bottom lid with Club




Then I used Plum Dressing line the outer part of the bottom lid and blended a little



Next I added Amber Lights to the inner corner to about half-way of the upper lid

Then lined the outer part of the upper lid with Club and then Plum Dressing on top of that
{not pictured}

I put on some eye-liner and that was it! For the eyes at least...

Because my eyes were pretty vibrant, I wanted to have a simple lip. I used EOS lip balm {the BEST balm} for a smooth gloss application.

Then I put on literally one dab of Mary Kay liquid lip color : Cherry Coffee to give my lips a little color

Then layered lips with Beauty Rush: Lotta Colada


I pulled the purple from the skirt as an accent color for the make-up





A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment