Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Birthday "Suit" for Work


Hello world! Today's my birthday, and I've had such a beautiful day! I got a crazy opportunity to pursue a dream of mine. And it all started with me asking this woman (who was selling Girl Scout Cookies for her daughter) if there was a 100th anniversary cookie:) If it follows through, I'll let you guys know about this opportunity later.

ALSO, when I returned home from work (yes, I did go to work on my birthday), I found this as I walked up to my bedroom


Then........

Ta Daa!!!!


My hubby and step-son created a whole birthday display for me :)






Now, on to the look...


I usually don't wear black mascara to work because I think it's too dramatic.
 I have on clear mascara  and white liner on here
Birthday present I received from my in-laws:)
I foresee an obsession with this necklace in the future.
Birthday nails!
Not the best shot to showcase the design, sorry

I chose a look that would be birthday cute AND appropriate for work. I don't like to be too overdone when I head into the office. 

....26 feels different. Not like 25. That may be because I was anticipating a change when I turned 25, and maybe the hype I got myself into is the reason why I didn't feel any different. :/ All I know is I'm excited to have lived 26 years and I pray to live many more. 

Hope you guys had as great a day as I did, and if not, I hope you have one soon;)

And thanks to my hubby for taking these beautiful shots,

A Bientot!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Shade! I LOVE the look and super classy for the work place! The necklace and nails are definitely a fave! What a wonderful birthday surprise from your hubby, awesome to come home to something so special! -RG

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous 7:34 why thank you! And yes, I'm blessed to have a fantastic, loving, and crazy husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that necklace... you better hide it when I come around!!! And Fab job on the mini photo shoot...the hubby might have some skills behind the lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not getting anywhere near this necklace! Well.....maybe if you ask nicely! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete